瑣事瑣言

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chatting etc

"How was it yesterday?"

"As said, it's my first time there. Besides, it would be my last time if only for the purpose, most likely."

"Haha, is it that bad?"

"No. Just got this feeling. Maybe it didn't deserve all the exertions."

Motivated by Ching's passion for the book fair -she didn't think the central library, suggested by me as replacement, an equal one - we went there after lunch.

My colleague and her husband whose office is one level above ours were in the same lift.

"You are also out for lunch? It has been crowded all these days." V said.

"Yes, the book fair. I'm off this afternoon. My husband's brought the kids over to join me. Maybe we would go to have a look, if it allows, I mean, at least no need to queue for entering the fair."

"Are there so many people interested in reading in Hong Kong? Considering the whole, you couldn't disbelieve they are book lovers." V's husband looked puzzled, who is arguably book-related by occupation. "Though we seldom saw people reading books in MTR, even when they are lucky enough to have a seat."

"Very rarely. But it's common scene elsewhere." V agreed. They are taking MTR every day across the half city, like myself as well as many other people living in this city.

As a French girl, working around in Europe, meeting her American husband in London and coming with him to Hong Kong as he was transferred to the new position here last year, I could pretty understand the irrationality and variance they are encountering in this regard.

I could not disagree either. So I said, "Maybe, most of them are modesty readers."

"You mean, they are reading at home?" They looked at me seriously, which let me regret my wagging too freely.

"No, just kidding, I have the least idea as you."

But, honestly speaking, I know some who really read, the lucky ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home